Mad River Veterinary Hospital offers a comprehensive range of services to address your pet’s specific veterinary needs. Our team is here for you when your pet needs routine care, experienced surgical services, diagnostics and more!
To learn more about our services, or to schedule an appointment, call us at (937) 342-3647.
You can also book a visit online.
Top 5 Ways to Keep Your Pets Healthy
1. Keep them on a monthly heartworm and flea preventative
- Heartworms are spread by mosquitoes, so all dogs are susceptible.
- Heartworm prevention also controls intestinal worms, which can be spread to children.
- A single flea your pet carries into the house can lay up to 50 eggs per day.
2. Have your pets spayed/neutered
- Besides preventing unwanted litters, spaying/neutering can prevent some health problems such as uterine infections, prostatitis, and some cancers.
3. Don’t forget about your pet’s teeth!
- Dogs and cats need dental care, too. Tartar buildup can lead to pain and infections, which can spread to other areas of the body such as kidneys, liver, and heart.
- We can perform a dental cleaning and advise you on ways to keep the teeth healthy.
4. Keep your pet at a healthy weight
- You should be able to feel your pet’s ribs easily but not see them. The belly should be smaller than the chest.
- Obesity can lead to joint problems, lower quality of life, and predispose to diseases such as diabetes.
5. Bring your pets in at least once a year for an examination and vaccines
- Conditions such as heart murmurs are easier to treat if caught and treated early.